Choosing a boat for rent in Thailand
Yes, renting a yacht in Thailand will cost you less than in most other popular resorts, but it should be noted that you will still have a fairly large selection, not only in size but also in the type of vessel. All boats that you can rent are divided into two types. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of both.
- Renting a yacht is cheaper than renting a catamaran of the same class. It will always be cheaper, so the associated costs will be lower.
- Maneuverability. The sensations that you experience while sailing on a sailing yacht cannot be compared to anything else. This class of vessel is much faster, more maneuverable and more interesting in terms of drive.
- Less mooring space. It takes up significantly less space in the marina, so it will be easier and cheaper to moor in ports with it.
- There is more space on the catamaran anyway. More space means more comfort. All cabins are well insulated from each other.
- High stability. Yes, the catamaran is less maneuverable, but it doesn’t rock it that much, the catamaran almost never rolls over, from a safety point of view, it is more reliable.
- Due to its design, the catamaran has a small draft. Therefore, on it you can get as close as possible to the coast and shallow water.
- Less space. With a comparable length, the yacht will have significantly less space, so it will be less comfortable in this respect.
- Rocking is possible. Due to its maneuverability and speed, the yacht is less stable, it sways noticeably more on the waves.
- Large draft. On this boat, you will not be able to get very close to the shore or to shallow water, as you run the risk of running aground.
- Significantly more expensive. A catamaran costs significantly more than a yacht, at least twice with the same length, respectively, its rent and any expenses will be higher.
- Due to its large dimensions, it is more difficult to moor a catamaran in marinas, in conditions of limited space, and of course it will cost more.
- Controllability. Yes, the catamaran is stable and safe, but unfortunately, it is not that maneuverable. Here you will not get such emotions from the drive as on a yacht.
Which of these is more important - you decide. Knowing all the pros and cons of both options will help you make an informed decision.If you want to go on a sea voyage and you are interested in the issue of yacht charter in Thailand, please contact our specialists
, they will help you choose the best option for you and will be happy to answer all your questions.