Choosing a boat for rent in Thailand
Yes, renting a yacht in Thailand will cost you less than in most other popular resorts, but it should be noted that you will still have a fairly large selection, not only in size but also in the type of vessel. All boats that you can rent are divided into two types. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of both.
- Renting a yacht is cheaper than renting a catamaran of the same class. It will always be cheaper, so the associated costs will be lower.
- Maneuverability. The sensations that you experience while sailing on a sailing yacht cannot be compared to anything else. This class of vessel is much faster, more maneuverable and more interesting in terms of drive.
- Less mooring space. It takes up significantly less space in the marina, so it will be easier and cheaper to moor in ports with it.
- There is more space on the catamaran anyway. More space means more comfort. All cabins are well insulated from each other.
- High stability. Yes, the catamaran is less maneuverable, but it doesn’t rock it that much, the catamaran almost never rolls over, from a safety point of view, it is more reliable.
- Due to its design, the catamaran has a small draft. Therefore, on it you can get as close as possible to the coast and shallow water.
- Less space. With a comparable length, the yacht will have significantly less space, so it will be less comfortable in this respect.
- Rocking is possible. Due to its maneuverability and speed, the yacht is less stable, it sways noticeably more on the waves.
- Large draft. On this boat, you will not be able to get very close to the shore or to shallow water, as you run the risk of running aground.
- Significantly more expensive. A catamaran costs significantly more than a yacht, at least twice with the same length, respectively, its rent and any expenses will be higher.
- Due to its large dimensions, it is more difficult to moor a catamaran in marinas, in conditions of limited space, and of course it will cost more.
- Controllability. Yes, the catamaran is stable and safe, but unfortunately, it is not that maneuverable. Here you will not get such emotions from the drive as on a yacht.
Which of these is more important - you decide. Knowing all the pros and cons of both options will help you make an informed decision.
If you want to go on a sea voyage and you are interested in the issue of yacht charter in Thailand, please contact our specialists, they will help you choose the best option for you and will be happy to answer all your questions.