How to choose a yacht for rent?
So, if you are determined to go on a sea tour of the Dominican Republic, and we hope so), you need to choose a suitable vessel for this. There are two types of boats that can be rented here: yacht and catamaran. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages, and in order to make the right decision, you must weigh the pros and cons.
- renting a yacht will cost you less than a catamaran of the same length. Moreover, the difference is quite significant - at least 2 times;
- maneuverability - compared to a catamaran, a yacht is much more controllable, you can sail very dynamically, accelerate and turn sharply, like on a sports car, a catamaran cannot do that;
- less space for mooring - the yacht is narrower, so it will be easier to moor in the marina and the mooring itself will cost you less.
- more space with the same length. There is more room on the catamaran in every way. It is more spacious here, all cabins are on the same level, and isolated from each other;
- stability and safety - the catamaran is very stable and has very good buoyancy, it almost does not heel and sways less on the waves. It is almost impossible to turn it over, even during a storm;
- shallow draft - this means that you can swim close to the shore, and at the same time do not run aground.
- less space - the yacht is much closer than on a catamaran of the same length, so passengers will feel less comfortable;
- Swaying is possible - the yacht sways much stronger than the catamaran, especially in conditions of strong wind and waves;
- large draft - the yacht has a noticeably large draft, so it is more difficult to swim up to the shore and in shallow water.
- high cost - a catamaran in any case will cost you much more, sometimes even more than twice. A catamaran itself is more expensive than a yacht, so all costs for it will be much higher;
- difficult mooring - the catamaran is wider and less maneuverable, so mooring will be more difficult and even more expensive;
- handling - the catamaran paid for the safety and durability with handling; you shouldn't count on dynamic swimming here; you will not get such sensations as on a yacht.
Both yachts and catamarans have armies of their fans. What is more important for you - drive, or comfort, convenience, or cost, space, or cross-country ability, is up to you.
Our experts will help you choose the best options for renting a yacht in the Dominican Republic in terms of time, cost, class of vessel, etc. Contact us
and help you rent a yacht.