Features of yachting
When people talk about France, the Eiffel Tower most likely comes to mind, but France is not only and not so much Paris, there are many other beautiful places, such as Bordeaux, Marseille, Côte d’Azur and Nice.
And yet, this country offers interesting opportunities for sea tourism, so renting a yacht in France will allow you to discover this amazing country in a new way and move away from the hackneyed stereotypes and views of Paris. Here we will look at what this country offers to lovers of sea tourism, and where you can go using yacht charter in France.
Features of yachting in France
If you are a novice yachtsman, you will not find a better place for sea cruises than France. In the high season (summer months) the sea is warm and calm, but with a stable wind, and the sun is not as hot as in the tropics, and even in winter it is not so cold here, and the average temperature is +15°C. Therefore, yacht charter is a popular entertainment among both local and foreign tourists.
The most popular period for yachting in France is June-August. At this time, it is quite warm here, there is little rainfall, the wind strength reaches 3-4 points, and they blow very steadily, which is very good for sailing on a sailing yacht. True, it is also worth noting that during this period, yacht rental prices in France are at their highest, and popular routes such as the Cote d’Azur or Corsica are overflowing with tourists.
If you prefer a quiet secluded holiday, empty beaches and pleasant warmth, the best time is May or September. In addition, the price will be a nice bonus for you – renting a yacht in France during these months will cost at least 25% cheaper than the high season.
If you are a beginner, we recommend that you rent a yacht not on the Atlantic coast, but in the Mediterranean Sea, where it will be much calmer and easier to manage. The Atlantic, in particular the Bay of Biscay, with its strong currents and frequent wind changes, is considered a rather dangerous place, so those who already have enough experience in sailing should go there. Also, beginners must take into account the rather strong tides that occur in literally minutes, so yachtsmen must be very careful not to run aground.
The best places for yachting
Best Yachting Destinations in France
Yacht charter in France flourishes mainly on the Côte d’Azur, Saint-Tropez, Cannes and Nice. The entire east coast from Spain to Italy is one big attraction, and a week is hardly enough for you to see everything here, but it will be easier and faster to do it on a yacht. In France, you will have more than enough itineraries for sea cruises of 3,5, 7 and 10 days.
- Côte d’Azur is probably the most popular place among yachtsmen. The azure coast is almost three hundred kilometers of coast, many ports and bays and marinas. Here you will find quiet secluded villages, and large cities with developed infrastructure for tourists and the incredible beauty of the Mediterranean landscapes. Renting a yacht on the Cote d’Azur is a win-win solution;
- The Riviera is a great place for those who are new to yachting. It is quiet and beautiful here, and there are enough marinas and ports. There are not as many ships here as on the Cote d’Azur, so you will be comfortable and calm;
- Nice. Perhaps the only city in France that can compete with Paris in popularity. If you haven’t been to Nice yet, be sure to visit this amazing place. Nice is a city of luxury, you should definitely visit the Promenade of Millionaires and go to the casino. In addition, the city has a wonderful museum of famous artists Marc Chagall and Pablo Picasso, as well as the Marineland amusement park and much more;
- Corsica Island. The island of Corsica is far from the noisy east coast of France, but it is very beautiful here and you can easily find a deserted harbor and beach. Corsica is an ideal place for those who want to be alone with themselves and admire the beautiful views of the Mediterranean.
- Cannes. Who hasn’t heard of the Cannes Film Festival? Have you heard about the Cannes restaurants with amazing wines and their famous haute cuisine? This place is definitely worth a visit, besides, there are good conditions for yachting.
The main nuances of chartering a yacht in France
There are many charter companies in France, they are available in almost all port cities, but during the high season the demand is so high that it is not so easy to find a free boat, so it is better to book everything in advance.
In addition, marinas can get crowded during the high season, especially in popular tourist spots, so it’s best to plan ahead and make reservations.
If you wish to steer the boat yourself, you must provide an international skipper’s license, but even then there will be certain restrictions on the type of boat and itinerary. If you take a boat with a captain, there will be no such restrictions.
France offers good opportunities for lovers of diving, snorkeling, surfing and other sea sports. Often, when you rent a yacht, you also get the appropriate equipment, so that you can diversify your cruise with active entertainment.
|High season for yachting
|June, July, August
|Full season for yachting
|May – September
|Number of marinas in the region
|Number of boats available for rent
|More than 250
|Popular regions for yachtsmen
Basic information for those who want to rent a yacht in France
Why Sparks Life?
Our company is a team of sea sports, recreation and swimming enthusiasts who want to show their clients the amazing sea world .
The number of the company’s clients is increasing every season, and they leave only positive feedback about their trips.
Do you want to go on a yacht trip? Fulfill this dream now, yacht charter is available to everyone!
Why rent a yacht from Sparks Life Worldwide:
- Certified Boat Lessor;
- Great yacht charter experience;
- Schemes for working with partners around the world have been established;
- Work only with reliable and trusted partners;
- Prompt search for information and organization of yacht charter;
- 24/7 customer support;
- Individual approach to each client;
- Only modern yachts in excellent condition;
- Guaranteed security.
To book a yacht charter today, contact our consultants. We will help make your dreams come true and organize a great vacation quickly and efficiently.