Yachting in Thailand
Thailand has a lot of beautiful places with untouched nature and stunning beaches – large and small islands with cozy bays and diving sites.
And to get to them you will need transport, so renting a yacht in Thailand is a rather requested service.
Note that there is a good infrastructure and favorable climatic conditions almost all year round. By renting a yacht, you can sail the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, visit the islands of Koh Hae, Koh Hong, Phi Phi and many other interesting places.
On a boat you can see the most remote and picturesque corners of this country.
What can you visit in Thailand?
You can conditionally divide this country into northern and southern parts.
- The northern part is a mountainous area covered with forests, there are quite a lot of historical sights here, here you can feel the real flavor of Thailand. Why are only the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. In the capital of the country, the city of Bangkok, you will also find many interesting things, for example, the temples of Wat Pho, Wat Saket and Wat Arun. Here is the world-famous floating market square. The city of Chiang Mai is also rich in historical sights, including three hundred ancient temples and the sacred mountain Doi Suthep. The views here are simply amazing!
- South. If you are more interested in the sea, the beach, and the romance of the uninhabited islands, you should pay attention to southern Thailand. This is a very popular tourist destination. The region is famous for the abundance of beaches with paradise nature on numerous large and small islands. That is why yacht charter in Thailand is the best solution for those who want to see as much as possible in a short time. On the largest island of Phuket, you will find beautiful beaches and incredible tropical nature, and an even larger statue of Buddha in the middle of the jungle, in a place with stunning sea views. The beach of Maya Bay in the Phi Phi archipelago is considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
Warm climate, exotic nature, interesting local culture and cuisine, an abundance of natural and historical attractions, and always smiling locals – all this is about Thailand. Holidays in this country are a budget solution, even with a yacht charter. On board the ship you can visit as much as possible and at the same time enjoy the picturesque nature of this fabulous country.
Choosing a yacht in Thailand
Choosing a boat for rent in Thailand
Yes, renting a yacht in Thailand will cost you less than in most other popular resorts, but it should be noted that you will still have a fairly large choice, and not only in size, but also in the type of vessel.
All boats that you can rent are divided into two types. Let’s look at the pros and cons of both.
Pros of renting a yacht in Thailand
- Renting a yacht is cheaper than renting a catamaran of the same class. It will always be cheaper, so the associated costs will be lower.
- Maneuverability. The sensations that you experience while sailing on a sailing yacht cannot be compared with anything. This class of vessel is much faster, more maneuverable and more interesting in terms of drive.
- Less mooring space. It takes up significantly less space in the marina, so it will be easier and cheaper to moor in ports with it.
- There is more room on a catamaran anyway. More space means more comfort. All cabins are well insulated from each other.
- High stability. Yes, the catamaran is less maneuverable, but it doesn’t rock as much, the catamaran almost never rolls over, from the point of view of safety, it is more reliable.
- Due to its design, the catamaran has a shallow draft. Therefore, on it you can get as close as possible to the coast and shallow water.
Cons of renting a yacht in Thailand
- Less space. With a comparable length, the yacht will have significantly less space, so in this respect it will be less comfortable.
- Wobbling is possible. Due to its maneuverability and speed, the yacht is less stable, it shakes noticeably more on the waves.
- Big draft. On this boat, you will not be able to get very close to the shore or to shallow waters, as you run the risk of running aground.
- Significantly more expensive. A catamaran costs significantly more than a yacht, at least twice as much for the same length, so its rent and any expenses will be higher.
- Due to its large size, a catamaran is more difficult to moor in marinas with limited space, and of course it will cost more.
- Drivability. Yes, the catamaran is stable and safe, but unfortunately, it is not so maneuverable. Here you will not get such emotions from the drive as on a yacht.
Which of these is more important is up to you. Knowing all the pros and cons of both options, you can make an informed decision.
If you want to go on a sea voyage and you are interested in renting yachts in Thailand, contact our specialists, they will help you choose the best option for you and will be happy to answer all your questions.