Yachts and catamarans are popular in the maritime regions. And if you want to relax on the river, or a large lake, houseboat rentals are at your service. Houseboat, or "houseboat" as it is sometimes called, is perfect for relaxing with a family, or quiet relaxation in the company of friends.
What is a houseboat?
In fact, a houseboat is a base (catamaran) with a residential superstructure on top of it. The obvious advantage of this solution is its large capacity with low draft. What does it mean? This means that you can take a rather large group on board (even more than on a catamaran), and at the same time you can moor almost everywhere, coming very close to the shore. And given the fact that the design of the catamaran is at the heart, the houseboat is quite stable, it almost does not swing, even with wind and waves, and we can say that the effect of motion sickness, like on a yacht, is reduced to zero here. All this makes houseboat rental popular among lovers of quiet, relaxing outdoor recreation near the water.
Why do people choose to rent a haubot?
In addition to the advantages listed above, one can also highlight the fact that special skills are not required to operate a houseboat. This type of vessel is very simple and easy to operate. But at the same time, houseboats are well equipped with various systems that provide your comfort and peace of mind. You can either make small crossings from bay to bay, or simply enjoy the sea by mooring wherever you like. Through huge windows, sunlight penetrates well, you can sunbathe on the decks, and there is enough space in the cockpit even for a large group of people, that is, you can easily arrange a noisy evening on board. In any case, such a ship has several bathrooms, and there is also installed navigation equipment. In short, the houseboat is a very versatile and interesting vessel, which also has excellent autonomy. This means that a houseboat charter will suit a potentially very wide range of clients from young people to retirees. You can rent a houseboat for a few days or for several weeks. Typically, charter companies will provide a wide variety of charter options.
Key benefits of houseboats:
So, here are the main advantages of this type of vessel in short:
- Large space - more even than on a catamaran of the same length;
- maximum comfort - this design is closest to an ordinary house;
- high autonomy - you can not replenish stocks for weeks;
- ease of management - even easier than on a yacht or catamaran;
- low draft - you can get as close as possible to the shore and moor in different places;
- almost complete absence of rolling - there is almost no motion sickness on a houseboat.
Frequently asked questions about HouseBoat rental
- How to learn how to operate a houseboat?Despite the seeming clumsiness, the houseboat is quite maneuverable, in fact, you can even turn around at full speed. As with other small boats, to operate it, you need to obtain a special license through a standard training course. An ordinary person will be able to master the controls of a houseboat in almost one day.
- How about mooring?The houseboat will be able to moor almost anywhere, even in places where it is very shallow. Its ability to swim in shallow water will allow you to anchor close to the shore, where the waters are knee-deep.
- Do I need documents for a houseboat?Given that the houseboat is a ship, it must have a ship's ticket. If you want to drive it yourself, you must obtain the appropriate skipper license for this category of ships.
- Does the houseboat swing a lot on the water?A houseboat is a superstructure catamaran. A houseboat is much more stable than a regular yacht and even more stable than a regular catamaran due to its high mass and inertia. Even a wave 1 meter high is not capable of strongly shaking a houseboat. Any fluctuations are extinguished almost instantly.
- What does a houseboat disembark look like?Thanks to the extremely shallow draft, you can get up close in almost any location. If there is a difference in height between the pier and the houseboat, you can use the ladder. In some cases, you will be able to go directly ashore. For other situations, you can use an inflatable boat.