Choosing a boat for charter in the Maldives
All those boats, large and small, that you can rent in the Maldives can be classified into one of two classes: yachts and catamarans. Both have strengths and weaknesses. So that you can choose the best option for yourself, consider the following table:
- Cost. Due to the fact that the yacht is smaller and narrower than the catamaran, and the ship itself is cheaper, so renting it will also cost you less.
- Controllability. The yacht can sail very dynamically, turn quickly, heel, and accelerate. From the point of view of handling, it is more interesting.
- Mooring. The yacht is narrower and more maneuverable. Accordingly, it will be easier for you to find a place to moor in the marina, plus it will cost less.
- Spaciousness and good layout. All cabins are spaced apart, on the same level, well insulated. The area of the catamaran is much larger than that of the yacht with the same length.
- Stability at sea. Due to their design, catamarans are much more stable than yachts. This is great news for those who are seasick.
- Little sediment. Here in the Maldives, this is an important advantage, thanks to which you can come close to the shallow water.
- Safety. The catamaran has a very high buoyancy. It will not roll over and drown even in a violent storm.
- Less space. With the same length, the yacht will always be much smaller, in all respects, and therefore less comfortable.
- Roll and rocking. The yacht heels and rocks a lot more on the waves. This is especially noticeable during a storm.
- Draft. The yacht has a much higher draft, so in shallow water you have to be very careful not to run aground.
- The main disadvantage of catamarans in comparison with yachts is their high cost. They will cost you significantly more than yachts, at least 2 times.
- Mooring. The catamaran is larger and wider than the yacht, so the cost of parking in the marina will be higher and it is more difficult to find a free seat.
- Control. The catamaran is less maneuverable, you will not get the same sensations from its control as from a yacht. A catamaran is not about sports swimming.
You decide what is more important to you, and what you can give up on. In any case, the choice is yours.
If you have any questions about renting a yacht in the Maldives, please contact our consultants
. They will help you make the best decision for you.